Thursday 27 March 2014

MY HAIR NIGHTMARE!!!!

A month or two ago I was on a mission, to have red hair again but I wasn't ready to wait around and go about it the slow way, i wanted it NOW... baring in mind I had quite a lot of color build up and had previously bleached the front of my hair to have pink in it in August 2013.
I had brown hair now and I decided to set about going red by bleaching my hair and then putting the red on, BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE. I bleached my hair twice, my hair went bright ginger with the front where it was previously bleached going platinum blonde, it was patchy and I knew I couldn't put the red on this.  So i left it for a day and went out and brought a hair lightener, did an amazing job, I should have used this in the first place it would have done the job (Clairol Born Blonde hair lightener)  by now my hair had lost ALL of it's strength, moisture, everything, it was like elastic when it was wet. 

Now I put the red on, I used LIVE XXL REAL RED it was HORRIBLE it had an orange undertone, feeling how straw like my hair was I kept this for a good two weeks (it felt like a year!) I then dyed my hair with Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color in Vibrant Red 5.62 , it was a gorgeous color and this dye didn't feel harsh on my hair atall. I decided, I needed to have a trim, my hair was growing out from a style where it was shorter on one side longer on the other.. I made a hair appointment for that weekend, my hairdresser trimmed up my hair and took loads of the damage off, it felt so much healthier. She recommended me products to buy, treatments to use and now i'm on the road to recovery, (I'm going to write a blog posts on what is working for me, what hasn't worked, reviews on loads of different hair products ect

As you all know red is a very hard color to keep up with so i'm using CRAZY COLOR to try and keep it decent looking, my regrowth is around 1.5 inches at the moment but i'm leaving it as long as I can to dye it probably when it's around 3 inches of regrowth, i'm thinking to dye it with MAJIROUGE in 6.66. 

My hair now at the front is so damaged it cannot take any dye and fades to a baby pink, my hairdresser has cut some of this hair into a fringe in attempt to get as much of the damage off as possible. I go back every few weeks to get this trimmed just to keep cutting away this damage so eventually it will all be gone. My hair is slowly on the road to recovery, if I could tell you all one thing from my experience it would be to GO EASY ON THE BLEACH, and try and avoid it at ALL costs!

**** I will try get some decent photos of my hair now and during the process and upload them to this!

Have any of you had any nightmare experiences with your hair?
M
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment