Thursday 27 March 2014

ROAD TO HAIR RECOVERY - KERASTASE ELIXIR ULTIME REPLENISHING AND BEAUTIFYING SCENTED OIL FOR DAMAGED HAIR

As I explained in my previous blog all about my hair nightmare (http://rosaliebeautysecrets.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/my-hair-nightmare.html )  I'm going to be writing about products, tips and tricks that have worked for me, products that haven't , what I recommend, new products i'm trying out to get my hair back to healthy!

Anyways, i'm going to tell you all about my experience with KERASTASE ELIXIR ULTIME REPLENISHING AND BEAUTIFYING SCENTED OIL FOR DAMAGED HAIR (The green bottle) selling at a hefty RRP of £35.50 for 125ml I thought this was rather expensive for a hair oil but gave it a shot anyway. Described as a luxury product, "enriched with the Oleo-Complexe and Immortal Moringa extract". The bottle itself is a plastic bottle, with a standard pump, which was rather disappointing for me after paying just over £35 for the product.



                                                 (Sorry for the battered box!)


There are a few ways of using this product

  • Mixing it with your conditioner
  • Using before blow drying
  • As a finish product
  • As a touch up product
  • Pre-Cleanse
I personally use it as a finish product and before blow drying. I can't lie, it does give a gorgeous shine to my hair and my hair feels and looks 100x healthier. I use 1-2 pumps of oil in my hair and concentrate on the ends and the front (If you've read my hair nightmare post you'll understand why) I wouldn't use this with my conditioner simply because I use a decent shampoo and conditioner and feel like this would just be wasting product? It doesn't make your hair look greasy and really absorbs into the hair giving the perfect shine... It is light enough to be used as a daily product, which I love about it.The smell of this product isn't gorgeous but isn't horrible... I can't describe what it smells like, sort of florally I suppose?  I do really like this product and it has helped my hair alot but I don't know whether i would re-purchase simply for the fact of the price of it and I feel like there are cheaper alternatives. 

PROS-
  • quickly absorbed non greasy feel
  • gives a gorgeous shine to the hair
  • is perfect for daily use
CONS-
  • the price
  • not too keen on the smell
M
xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment